We are one of the youngest cities in the UK. More than half of our residents are under 30, with many are attracted to the city for its affordable quality of life. Factor in two local world-classs universities, and you have a rich talent pool of 60,000 ambitious young people.
Nottingham is one of the UK’s six Science Cities, thanks to our innovative research and businesses in the ﬁeld, and it is increasingly popular with health-tech startups too.
Large companies like Capital One, Experian, E. ON, TDX Group, Boots, Speedo, Paul Smith and MHR are based here and continue to grow – over 50 regional and national companies have chosen Nottingham as their headquarters.
In the Creative Quarter digital tech startups and creative businesses are sharing knowledge and opportunities, while co-working spaces can be found at Antenna, Minor Oak and the University of Nottingham Innovation Park.
A £2 million data centre has been opened by Space Data Centres Ltd, providing a dedicated space for companies to store their IT infrastructure.
Blenheim Chalcot has opened a new hub for digital tech businesses in the city centre – Accelerate Places. Demand for space is so high that expansion into a neighbouring building has been announced. The fund also co-sponsored Tech Nottingham’s Hack24 event for coders.
Here are some other reasons as to why Nottingham should be home of your business:
- Nottingham was recently revealed as having the fastest growing economy in the East Midlands
- 1.1 million people in our recruitment area
- A £12.1 billion economy that’s been steadily growing since 1995 makes us the economic capital of the East Midlands
- Over £1 billion invested in Nottingham’s infrastructure, with £570 million invested in the expansion of our award-winning tram network
- Central location and strong links by road, rail and air bring the UK and Europe to your doorstep
- A cost-competitive location with salary and office costs between 5%-7% lower than the UK average boosts your bottom line
- Improve your quality of life with international sport, top-class retail, a strong cultural offer, exciting towns and cities and tranquil countryside, all right here for a fraction of the cost of living in London